Sarasota Ranks Amongst the Best Small Cities in America! Recently, WalletHub compiled a list of small towns in America, comparing a variety of factors including Highest/Lowest Income growth, Highest/Lowest average working week hours, and even most restaurants per capita! After analyzing and comparing 1,268 cities with populations between 25,000- 100,000 base on 30 key factors of livability, a few cities stood out, including Sarasota. Read more about the exact rankings and methodology used by Wallethub here.
Sarasota was named in the top 4% for Best Small Cities to Live In in America with a total score of 64.81, an Affordability ranking on 967, an Economic Health rank of 662, an Education & Health rank of 513, a Quality of Life rank of 2, and a Safety Rank of 946! Sarasota also tied for first place with most restaurants per capita, alongside Myrtle Beach, SC and Duluth, GA.
According to the Herald-Tribune, Sarasota had the highest rating for any Florida city. Where Sarasota really shined was in the Quality of Life (it was ranked 2nd) category that covers a variety of factors including:
- Average Commute Time
- Percentage of Residents Who Walk to Work
- Mean Hours Worked per Week
- Number of Restaurants per Capita
- Number of Bars per Capita
- Number of Clubs per Capita
- Number of Coffee Shops per Capita
- Number of Museums per Capita
- Number of Performing Arts Centers per Capita
- Number of Fitness Centers per Capita
- Number of Department Stores per Capita
Stay tuned to The Courtyard At Citrus Square Facebook page for more posts!